FIBAA-Premium-Seal for the “Certified Financial Modeler”
The FIBAA Certification Commission for Advanced Training Courses decides as follows:
The Certificate Course is certified for five years without conditions based on § 7(2) in combination with § 10(1) of the specific process requirements for awarding the FIBAA quality seal for certified advanced training courses dated August 7, 2013 (besondere Verfahrensbedingungen für die Vergabe des FIBAA-Qualitätssiegels für zertifizierte Weiterbildungskurse vom 7. August 2013).
Certification period: 6. December 2016 until 5. December 2021.
Pursuant to § 8 of the specific process requirements for awarding the FIBAA quality seal for certified advanced training courses dated August 7, 2013, the FIBAA-Premium-Seal is awarded.
The FIBAA Certification Commission for advanced training courses specifically stressed the following criteria, which exceed the quality requirements or are considered excellent:
- The qualification targets of the certificate course are presented comprehensively and justified in a convincing manner.
- The GICF has conducted a competitor analysis and developed its program in such a way that it contains a unique selling proposition compared to similar courses.
- The course offering precisely complements the overall scope of the institute.
- The course provides an extraordinarily strong and coherent compilation of the contents which enables the participants to independently and thoroughly acquire the competencies of financial modeling.
- The materials used are perfectly coordinated and reflect the current state of financial modeling.
- The demands of the job market are reflected in the course contents in an exemplary fashion. The course sets itself apart from other competitors through its innovative approach to teaching.
- The teaching staff has outstanding academic qualifications in the field of financial modeling. The teaching staff conducts research and publishes extensively in the topic area.
- The very strong teaching qualifications of the staff involved is demonstrated through the excellent didactic fit of the teaching materials.
- The teaching staff has above average experience as practitioners in several relevant fields of business. This is reflected in the course, for example through the integration of current applied examples and cases.
- The teaching staff meets regularly to coordinate the course and to discuss challenges. In addition, they organize joint events and supervise joint research projects. All this gives the course a remarkable cohesion.
- The teaching staff supports the students in all subject matters and is also the first point of contact for all other issues. Feedback is provided in a timely manner.
- The assignment of responsibilities, which defines and comprehensively and clearly describes core processes and responsibilities during the course and in the management of the course is very helpful and transparent for the participants.
- Through the cooperation with relevant companies and publishers and their continued feedback concerning the quality of the course, the programme is subject to continuous improvement and updates.
- The course materials, which constitute the core of the required literature are developed specifically for the certificate course and reflect the current state of research and practice in financial modeling. Through the organization in the form of e-learning, access to all relevant materials is always assured, independent of location and time.
- The training course is presented very well, in a comprehensive and current fashion on a dedicated homepage. The requirements are explained clearly and all important information is published transparently.
- The systematic quality development including regular assessments of the effectiveness of possible measures taken, is assured conceptually as well as with regard to the required manpower.