Participants in the "Certified Financial Modeler" certificate course who have chosen the academic path (Academic Excellence) acquire so-called ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) upon successful completion. In this context they receive
- the certificates "Certified Financial Modeler" by the German Institute of Corporate Finance in German and English
- a university certificate of the HfWU
- as well as a Certificate Supplement with the proof of performance and the acquired ECTS.
The participants can choose between the following 4 main subjects:
- 1st focus: Business Plan with Standards and Methods in Financial Modeling
- 2nd focus: Financial Modeling in Corporate Finance
- 3rd focus: Financial Modeling in Leveraged Buy Out (LBO) and Private Equity
- 4th focus: Financial Modeling in Portfolio Management
Participants receive a total of 8 ECTS within each focus.
Thus, after successful completion of the Certified Financial Modeler (case study and written examination), a total of 8 ECTS can be presented for recognition in Bachelor and Master courses.
The ECTS acquired within the framework of Academic Excellence are recognized for the Master of Science (M.Sc.) Quantitative Finance at the HfWU.
Due to compliance issues, ECTS crediting for consecutive Master's programs at the HfWU and generally crediting at the Munich University of Applied Sciences (HM) is excluded.